[SECC] WAE CW W4IX SOABLP

John Colyard jrcccd at aol.com
Sun Aug 14 20:45:40 EDT 2016

   I don't have an ethernet card in my logging computer so I just used my laptop setup on the RBN page and VE7CC
Cluster and kept watching and writing down calls and freqs and would check them in between running. Used the Sub VFO to
work spots in between running. It was a challange to work spots and mults and keep a running freq!! Only issue I had
is that I don't have a keying interface hooked up to plug my keyer into so I use the keyer in the FT1000. So I have to
push the button on the front of the radio to toggle between computer keying and manual sending. So when I was sending
a QTC and they needed a fill, I had to push the button to use the keyer, but if I forgot to push the button when
sending the next line, it would enter it already so I has to manually send the next one, then push the button, and
hit enter on the keyboard and things would be back to normal...Kept me pretty busy this weekend. I have a winkeyer
and will hook it up when I get the Yaesu Cable.

Saw K4BAI on the RBN page all weekend! John was a busy camper!

   WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 36

   80:   32    20    56
   40:  243   220   123
   20:  557   592   100
   15:  115   142    72
   10:   27     0    32
-------------------------
Total:  974   974   383  Total Score = 746,084

Thanks to the sponsors for this awesome contest. Pushed this station as hard as
I could for the entire period I was on. Propagation was so so and there was
alot of QRN at my QTH. The beverages really helped on 80 meters but the Inv V
worked better on 40. Nice to see 15 and 10 meters show a little life, even
though things were not great for a station with small and low antennas. 15 was
weak on Saturday and no 10 meters but Sunday the bands woke up a little. Crazy
prop Saturday night. Before I shut down at 3:00 AM local time, I checked the
high bands and I was surprised to hear signals on 15 and even 10 meters had
some weak signals! I don't think that even happened during the solar peak!!
Thanks for all the Q's.
FT1000MKv
TH7@ 40ft.
40M Inv. V@ 50ft.