[SECC] First QRP Fox Hunt of this Season - 40M Tuesday Night Local Date

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Nov 7 14:31:27 EST 2016

Hello all:

Just a head's up for this Tuesday night's local date in US QRP Fox Hunt.
  It is the first of the season and is on 40M.  This Thursday night will
start the 80M season also.  The two foxes on 40M this week will be Tim,
KR0U, in CO (and sometimes in TX, I think).  The time is always 9 to
10:30 PM local time in Eastern US, so it is 0100 to 0230 UTC Wednesday.
  I hope you will join in whether or not you have done a QRP Fox Hunt
before.  You must run no more than 5W.  You may work in the Fox Hunt
only the two designated foxes in each session.  The exchange is RST,
SPC, Name, and Power.

I will be using my FT1000MP at 5W output and will be switching  between
an 88' center fed zepp up about 50' and a half-wave 40M dipole up about
40'.  The zepp generally runs N and S and the dipole E and W.  So, I
will frequently switch between the two antennas.  40M was very long very
early during ARRL SS this weekend, so I apologize to those closer by if
conditions are the same or similar.  I will be listening split and
sending "UP" at the start of the session.  When the pile up (if there is
one) goes down, I will announce I am listening simplex and will stop
sending "UP."  My exchange will be real RST, GA, JOHN, 5W.  Frequencies
are between 7030 and 7050 kHz.  Do NOT spot the Foxes frequencies.
After all it is called a fox hunt.

If you need me for a club award, this could be a good chance for a
point.  I will have another 40M session in the late winter and two
sessions on 80M this season, I assume.  If you look for me in the Hunt,
please look for Tim also.

 From Nov 21 to Nov 28, I should be QRV as PJ4/K4BAI from Bonaire and
will part of a multi-two operation from there as PJ4A in the CQ WW DX
Contest on CW.  I should be able to receive e-mail at the usual e-mail
address if you need a sked outside the contest.  Happy Thanksgiving to
all who celebrate that day in November.  KU8E, W4EF, and K9NW will be
traveling to Bonaire for the contest and Hans, PJ4LS, will join us from
the island.

73, John, K4BAI.