[SECC] CQ WW DX Contest Rules - Club Circle

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Oct 20 16:20:39 EDT 2016

Hello all:

We have had a lot of discussion recently about the 175 mile radius club
circle for ARRL Contests.

Remember that the circle for CQ WW DX Contests is now (effective this
year) 250 mile radius.  At this time, the center of the circle for SECC
remains the same.  It is shown on the circle on the club website.  So,
the circle goes out 75 miles further than it does for ARRL.  K2SX is now
well within our club circle.  So are other members in far northeast GA,
far southwest GA, all of SC, a lot of AL, a bit of eastern TN, and a
larger area in NC.  Probably a bit of NE FL.  Anyone who is a member of
SECC and lives and operates a contest within the 250 mile radius circle
may submit scores for the club aggregate scores competition for SECC.
You do this by putting "South East Contest Club" in the Cabrillo header
of your log  (where is says "CLUB")  that you submit to the sponsor.  Do
not abbreviate it or call it "Southeastern" or any other variation of
the name because the Robot is programmed to recognize only "South East
Contest Club" for our club.  In addition to club members who reside in
and operate within the SECC circle, the score from DXpeditions for the
contest may be attributed to a club if the member resides within the
circle.  For multi op DXpedition operations, the scores may be split
according to the operators from each club, such as one-third to some
other club and two-thirds to South East Contest Club if 2/3s of the
operators come from SECC members.  This is not true for US multi ops.
They must submit just for one club and the majority of the operators
must belong to the club, live within its circle, and the multi op must
be located within the circle.

One of the fun things about belonging to a contest club is participating
the club aggregate score competitions.  Over the years, SECC has twice
won the gavel for ARRL SS medium sized clubs, places as high as two in
the CQ QSO Party, and I believe has placed first in the TN QSO Parties.

73, John, K4BAI.