[SECC] NA RTTY SPRINT

William Roberson arebias at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 20:35:14 EDT 2016

*K4WDR*

Class: *Single Op LP*
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

<http://3830scores.com/comparescores.php?arg=2Rcsqrz3gmmmE&call=K4WDR>
Band 	QSOs 	Op Time
80: 	16
40: 	35
20: 	7
Total: 	*58* 	Mults 	*29* 	Total Score 	*1,682*

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC & Friends

Comments: [email] <mailto:arebias%40yahoo.com> 2016-09-17 21:12:13
The first hour really messed me up badly. I was having trouble getting
N1MM+ working correctly although I had days before set it all up. For
some reason it was not interfacing with flidigi correctly. My first
contact was 53 minutes into the contest. Not a great showing but it was
fun.

As Mike (WH6YH) had mentioned, N1MM+ has many layers and I too am
probably using 1/10th the potential of that contest logging program. My
unfamiliarity with the RTTY interfacing and therefore choosing flidigi
in the beginning was a big mistake on my part. Once I decided to choose
the MMVARI interface and adjust the macros to suit my need, I had nearly
lost the entire first hour. flidigi waterfall looks much better and (I
thought) easier for me to work with. Will have to work that out before
the next RTTY contest.

Thanks to John (K4BAI) for setting up the team and regardless of the
technical difficulties, I thoroughly enjoyed my first foray into the
SPRINT contest format as well as my first RTTY contest.

73 to all,
                Bill - K4WDR