[SECC] KS QSO Party This Weekend

W4OC at aol.com W4OC at aol.com
Sat Aug 26 08:13:07 EDT 2017

The awards given in this QSO Party are some of
the nicest that I received. We are far enough from
KS to be able to work the mobiles effectively, so
if you have time, you will have fun.

Don W4OC

Message below from Bob, W0BH:

Hi all,

A personal invitation to you to make some contacts in the 2017 Kansas QSO
Party this weekend. It runs 12 hours Saturday (1400-0200Z) and 6 hours
Sunday  (1400-2000Z). With 15 mobiles, 5 portables, and 51 1x1 calls, we have all
105  counties covered on CW, SSB, and on Saturday with at least two ops
visiting each  county.

We have a Sunday plaque for those who have less time, and this year I added
 a USA Single-Op CW plaque (any power, assisted OK) with you all in mind!
It's a "filtered" plaque, which means operators can pick up those 1x1
SSB-only ops also on the air to spell KANSAS, QSOPARTY, SUNFLOWER and BISON.
We'll "filter" all single-op logs for CW contacts, come up with a score, and
see  who wins.

A year ago, many of you helped me celebrate my ham radio 50th. We still
give out those certificates and antique radio stamps, so jump in and play! We
even enticed Bill/N0AC to come mobile in the KSQP for the first time (he'll
 be N0W/m operating on 38.0). For more info, the Kansas QSO Party web site
is _http://ksqsoparty.org_ (http://ksqsoparty.org/) .  I'll be running W0B/m
(on 37.0) and hope to put many of you in the  log!

73, Bob, w0bh
KSQP Coordinator