[SECC] K4BAI Fox Announcement 40M 1/31/17

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Jan 30 20:25:16 EST 2017

I will be the other QRP fox (with Kevin, W9CF in AZ) on 40M this Tuesday
night.  0200 to 0330 UTC Wednesday.  Kevin and I will be separately
calling somewhere between 7030 and 7050 kHz.  I will be running 5W to a
40M dipole that favors E and W.  I will start off split probably
listening up 1 to 1 1/2 kHz.  After the pile up, if there is one, dies
down, I will start listening simplex.  I will announce the change and
also will stop sending "UP" at the end of my CQ and TU messages.  The
exchange, of course, is RST, SPC,, Name, Power.  You may run a maximum
of five watts, can work only the two foxes, and must not spot the
frequencies of the foxes. Band conditions at night on 40M have been
improving the past few weeks and I am hopeful of giving out a lot of
pelts Tuesday night.  Good hunting to all.  73, John,, K4BAI.