[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, 2018 CQ WW 160M Contest, CW

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Jan 29 11:23:09 EST 2018

                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 19:17

Total:  QSOs = 899  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 35  Total Score = 220,800

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, tee vertical fed through MFJ 984 tuner.  Wonderful
conditions the first night including many strong European signals.  Poor
conditions the second night with QRN from a front moving through our
area.  We
only got light rain here.  Good conditions for the last 90 minutes.
Missed VE5,
VE8, VO,  Heard VO1HP, but he was always calling someone else,  Worked all
states except AK, but including HI.  On the first night, Microsoft took
over my
logging computer for 1 1/2 hours to update Windows 10.  Nothing I tried
would
stop it, including turning off the computer and unplugging power.  It just
started up again as soon as the computer restarted.  I had to log times,
calls,
and sections on paper for that period of time, 145 QSOs.  As soon as MS was
finished, I typed those calls into N1MM so I would have them for dup
checking
and multipliers, but the dates and times were all wrong.  It took me 45
minutes
after the contest was over to edit the Cabrillo file to make the dates/times
right again.  Lesson learned is not to be connected to the internet during a
contest if you are not using the computer for spotting.  I don't know
what the
solution is if you are using computer spotting.  Thanks for all QSOs.
73, John,
K4BAI.