[SECC] CAT

Courtney Judd k4wi at k4wi.net
Sun Jul 29 07:45:38 EDT 2018

good morning Joe and all the others, to clarify my question: I need to
divide or get two data streams from the CAT port on the back of FT5000
which is a DB9 male. One stream is to go to the microKeyer 2 so that the
software can read the exact frequency (contest judges want to see the
exact frequency) and the other goes to the 2K or KPA (which ever one I
buy) both of which want the exact frequency as they adjust themselves as
you move up/down the band. The Band Data Jack only provides which band
you are operating on; ok, but does not accomplish what I want to do. I
see in the microHam router software there is a 2nd CAT provision but
there is no where to plug into to get this. In other words, I need a
physical way to access the CAT port on the back of the FT5000 twice..
perhaps a simple Y-connector would work.... I just don't know if two
devices can successfully access one CAT stream at one time. Or is there
on the market that will provide two CAT outputs. I love my microKEYER 2
but maybe there is something better out there? Any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks, Cort K4WI