[SECC] QRP Fox Hunt Tomorrow Night

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Feb 11 10:53:45 EST 2019

Hello all:

I will be one of two QRP Foxes on 40M Tuesday night USA time. 0200-0330Z
Wed.  WB4OMM, Steve, FL and I will be calling between 7030 and 7050 kHz.
  I will be using a FT1000MP dialed back to five watts into either a 40M
dipole at 30' or an 88' center fed zepp up 45.  I will switch back and
forth between the antennas trying to work all callers. I will also use a
low noise rx antenna to help. The exchange is:  RST, SPC, Name, Power.
Work only the two foxes and do not spot their frequencies.

I will start off split listening up about one kHz and will send "UP"
after CQ or QRZ.  When the pileup subsides, I will stop sending "UP" and
will be listening on or near my transmit frequency.

This is a fun activity which also takes place on Thursdays on 80M and
there is a summer series on 20M.  Hope everyone will join in the fun.
For further info, do an internet search for "QRP Fox Hunt" and you will
find the home page.

I will post the log to the QFOX webpage right after the hunt and will
leave at 3:30 AM Wed for a week on Bonaire (PJ4) in the Caribbean.
Outside the ARRL DX CW contest, I will be QRV as PJ4/K4BAI and in the
contest we will have four ops in multi-two as PJ4A.

73/72, John, K4BAI.