[SECC] 2021 Georgia QSO Party

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Mon Dec 28 14:09:19 EST 2020

The Georgia QSO Party will return to being a two day event in 2021.  The
Georgia QSO Party is held annually the 2nd full weekend of April. There
are two operating periods: 1800Z (2:00 pm EDST) Saturday until 0359Z
(11:59 pm EDST) and Sunday and 1400Z (10:00 am EDST) to 2359Z. (7:59 pm
EDST). *For 2021 that will be April 10 - April 11th*.  Note the URL for
the webpage has changed to https://gaqsoparty.com/

I've been contemplating making some changes for 2021 :

  * Counting multipliers only once and not per mode.
  * Since COVID-19 will probably not be over by April continue to allow
    Multi-Ops to operate from more than one location. These locations
    need to be in the SAME COUNTY.  You also need to still follow the
    rules for Multi-Single and Multi-2 that are listed in the rules on
    the GQP webpage.
  * Continue to have W4AN and W4NT as bonus stations. I will probably
    just get rid of the 100 points per QSO and make it one point value
    for just making a QSO - Maybe 500 bonus points.  I would like both
    these stations to be operated from just one county. Maybe as a Multi-Op.
  * Also note rover operations will be allowed again.

I'm also asking everyone to please read the rules. The SECC and SEDXC
aren't eligible for the club competition but I still get many logs that
list both of these clubs. Also make sure the Cabrillo file that you
submit is correct. N1MM Logger Plus is pretty reliable in generating it
correctly but others aren't. I'm requesting feedback before I make these
changes. Please send me your comments.

Jeff KU8E

GQP Contest Director