[SECC] SECC Activity Map and Club Circle

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Sat Nov 7 14:35:52 EST 2020

I've updated the SECC activity map at
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1GT7PCEO9QeCyKw5aYEQYx755EXzkxd_h&usp=sharing
The icon with the red tower point on it is the current SECC club center.
I used the measuring tool and it appears we have it in a good spot since
just about everyone (except K2SX) is inside the 175 mile radius circle
for ARRL contests.

I used the measuring tool and found a way to get possibly get K2SX
inside our circle for ARRL contests by changing the club center to
*33.35577, -82.13733* .  At this point he would be exactly 174 miles
from the circle. K4BAI who is our furthest west member would be 173
miles from the center. N4DU our furthest southwestern GA member would be
170 miles from the club center. AD8J our furthest norther member would
be 161 miles from the center.  On the map see the red marker for the
current SECC club center and the black marker for the proposed club
center. Someone please double check me to see if I'm right on this.

Jeff