[SECC] SS Phone KU8E

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Sun Nov 22 22:39:52 EST 2020

Here's my contribution for SECC. I don't like SSB contests that much
anymore but put in some time to help out the club.

Jeff  KU8E

Call:*KU8E <https://www.3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=KU8E>*
Operator(s):KU8E <https://www.3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=KU8E>
Station: KU8E

Class:*SO Unlimited HP*
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 8:45

<https://www.3830scores.com/comparescores.php?arg=0RcfvLz7qacm4&call=KU8E>
Band 	QSOs
160:
80: 	95
40: 	358
20: 	280
15: 	7
10: 	11
Total: 	*751* 	Sections 	*82* 	Total Score 	*123,164*

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments: [email] <mailto:ku8e%40ku8e.com>  2020-11-23 03:27:56
K3/100, Acom 1000 and wires Usually I'm getting ready this weekend to go
to the Caribbean for CQWW but not this year due to COVID. It's pretty
much impossible to get to Bonaire from the US due to lockdowns and
travel restrictions. It probably would've been fun to do Sweepstakes FT
because I had some pretty good pileups but I'm not into long SSB
contests anymore. I did hook up a voice keyer from the soundcard of my
computer to the K3 which made SSB more bearable for me. There was a nice
surprise 10 meter opening to SoCal and KH6 on Sunday afternoon. I took
about a 20 minute break to have a nice chat on 10 meters with Kent,
KH6CJJ about contesting from Hawaii. He also has some connections to GA
as well which was interesting. Missed AK and NT. I heard KL7SB very weak
on both 20 and 40 meters but not good enough to make a QSO. Never heard
NT. (or saw it spotted) Look for me as PJ4/KU8E in CQWW next weekend. I
will be working just 20/15/10 remotely from the PJ4G station. I will be
playing around handing out the PJ4 multiplier when PJ4A isn't on the
air. John, K4BAI will be doing a 40 meter single band effort (remotely)
as PJ4A. Jeff KU8E