[SECC] Larry Phillips, K4PIC SK on October 28, 2020

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Oct 29 11:27:33 EDT 2020

Our SECC member in the Gainesville GA area, Larry Phillips, K4PIC passed
away yesterday.  He was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrigs's Disease) less
that a year ago.  He was trying hard to participate in the QRP Fox Hunts
this season which begins next week, but had dropped off our GA Dawgs
team for reasons of his health.  By yesterday on a doctor's visit, his
weight had dropped to 108 pounds and the doctor told them he was in the
last stages of the disease and they planned to call in Hospice.  He is
survived by his wife, Lillian, who has been keeping a few of us posted
on Larry's condition.  As soon as I have any information on
arrangements, I will forward them to the reflector.  Our thoughts and
prayers go out to Lillian and other family members and friends.

73, John, K4BAI
SECC President