[SECC] Changest to K1USN Slow Speed Test (SST) Rules

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Sat Jan 2 20:54:33 EST 2021

QSO points are now all one point.  160M has been added.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the SST QSO's so far.

I wanted to make sure you were aware of changes to the SST starting this
Sunday evening (0000 UTC Monday).

Although we communicated to a large database of callsigns already
(mostly CW Academy students and graduates), I took a sampling of QSO's
from my recent SST logs and developed this email. I'm sure there are
others that should be aware of the changes too. Please help spread the
word to anyone else you think should know.

_The changes:_
*Simplified Scoring*
*160M added as a 4th band*
*K1USN Certificate*

If you're using N1MM Logger + you need to download the new UDC file that
supports simplified scoring. The latest file is on the N1MM+ UDC site
and is dated Dec 7, 2020.
https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/mmfiles/categories/userdefinedcontests/
<https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/mmfiles/categories/userdefinedcontests/>

<https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/mmfiles/categories/userdefinedcontests/>
We are adding 160M with a recommended range of 1.812 to 1.825 kHz.

The certificate is a nice addition to anyone's shack, especially new CW
operators.

All the details can be found on the K1USN SST website. There is an
explanation of simplified scoring and a sample log there.
http://www.k1usn.com/sst.html <http://www.k1usn.com/sst.html>

The Rules and FAQ's have  been updated.

3830scores.com <http://3830scores.com> is ready to go.

73,