[SECC] CW speed and N1MM

Kevan Nason knason00 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 06:43:04 EST 2021

Have a great time in NAQP CW today.

Don't forget a quick way to change CW speed up or down when using a
keyboard in N1MM is to use the Page UP/Dn keys. By default that is a 2 wpm
change in speed each time you hit a key. You can change the default step
size to whatever you want though.

I often use those to match speed with slower/faster stations when S&P or to
slow down when a station has trouble copying me while running. Two quick
taps and I'm 4 wpm slower. Two more while the TU message is playing and
back up to speed. Or for speed demons like Jeff I have to bump it up and
then back down!

Don't know if others have the capability, but microHAM devices allow the CW
speed pot on their interface units to control paddle speed independently
from N1MM's CW speed. You can have N1MM at 32 WPM and the paddles going at
24 if you want.

Kevan N4XL