[SEDXC] A52A

John Harden, D.M.D. altdx@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 05 May 2000 11:44:16 -0400

Dear Gang,

I worked A52A last night on 15 CW. I believe that is Bob, K4UEE at the
key?? He was strong,
and I got him on the first call around 21030. It was a good test through
a big pile-up for my rela-
tively new 15 meter antenna (...An 8el Telrex on a 45 foot boom up at
about 95 feet), fed with 1/2" Andrew Heliax. It's the best antenna I've
ever had on 15 meters by far..For years I ran a 3 el Telrex
on a 17 foot boom at 106 feet. I feel that this new height is better
overall on 15.

However, this antena is heavy (150 lb.) and requires a separate rotator
(TIC Ring) to turn it....The
ring requires two (2) DC motors to maintain concentricity so the gear
won't slip.....

73,

John, W4NU (K4JAG 1959 to 1998)
Atlanta