[SEDXC] CQ WW 160 M CW Contest

John Laney k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:28:40 -0500

Hello all:  Hope everyone has a good weekend.  This weekend's primary
contest activity is the annual CQ WW 160 Meter CW DX Contest.  It runs
from 2200Z (5 PM EST) Friday to 1600Z (11 AM EST) Sunday.  The exchange
is RST plus state/province/country.  This is a contest that SEDXC has
championed over the years and it has a club competition category, so be
sure to put your club affiliation on your entries.  A number of SEDXC
members sponsor plaques for the contest and the adjudication is done by
Steve, K4JRB.

W8JI, W4AN, K4BAI and K3LR will be QRV in a multi/single operation from
W8JI.  We are hoping to beat the North East Coast powerhouse M/S
stations.  We nearly did it in 1999, but the ice storm ruined the effort
last year.  We will be QRV during the whole contest, including daylight
hours.   We hope many (all) of you will give us a call during the
contest and also work as many others as your time and antennas permit.

Remember there is a DX window from 1830 to 1835 and we are asked not to
make QSOs within our own continent on those frequencies during the hours
of darkness.

73 to all,

John, K4BAI.