[SEDXC] Phil Latta's Funeral Announcement

Dr. W. P. Scott wpscott@arches.uga.edu
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 12:28:44 -0500

I copy herewith the announcement in this morning's Athens
Banner-Herald the funeral announcement for Phil Latta, W4GTS:

        Philip J. Latta, 85, died Thursday, July 26, 2001.

        A native of Fulton County, Mr. Latta was a son of the late
     William Ira and Pearl Juhan Butts Latta, Sr.  He was a World
     War II veteran who served in the U. S. Army Signal Corps and
     in the American Field Service.  He was a member of Athens
     Radio Club, Kennehooshee Radio Club and Atlanta Radio Club.

         Services will be held at a later date.

         Survivors include a daughter, Phyllis L. Bridges; a grand-
     daughter, Margaret M. Bridges; a sister, Mary L. Pinson; and
     a brother, William I. Latta, Jr.

         Bridges Funeral HOme has charge of arrangements.

The address for Phils daughter (Ms. Phyllis L. Bridges) is:

           115 Tamarack Drive, Athens, Georgia  30605
           Her telephone number is:  706-548-2792.

I spoke with Phyllis yesterday and she informed me that they will
be out of town until next weekend.   Feel free to send cards
, etc.   De Pat, W4NW