[SEDXC] MAY MEETING SYNOPSIS

MIKE GREENWAY K4PI@peoplepc.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 10:31:25 -0400

Another nice DX ragchew at Baldinos.  N4XP had OK1KT with him and we talked
about radio in OK land.  They are both headed for Dayton.  The meeting got
started on time and we have a new member, Phil, K4PWS.  Also from last month
we have 2 other new members, KS5M and K4YJ.  The first order of business was
that dues for the new year are due.  Our club year starts in June.  Any of
you that have joined since around March or so will be carried over without
any additional dues.   If anyone joined up around mid year let me know if
you feel you need a pro-rated dues schedule.   The rates are on the club web
site http://sedxc.contesting.com
This site will be shut down soon and our new site is http://sedxc.org.  We
have our own domain name now and Bill , W4AN , is hosting for us.  If you
happen to talk with Bill, be sure to thank him for his help.  The new site
is under developement.  Jim AD4J and myself will try to get it up to speed
soon.  You can also print out a renewal form at the old site.  We plan to
include a renewal form in the next monthly mailing for those that do not
have internet service.  Fritz, KJ4T, wants to form a committee to research
moving the moving place to a different location.  I would like comments from
any of you regarding moving from the site we have now.  I will address my
comments in a separate email.  If any of you would like to join Fritz in the
committee please contact him at fabvb@aol.com .  I also brought up the
subject of getting another group of club t-shirts printed up.  I need an
order of at least 25 to make it worthwhile.  If you have any interest in one
let me know and also what size.  They are dark blue with yellow lettering.
I usually have one with me at the meeting if you want to see it.  We had a
raffle for several items that were donated.  Bill, K4KG donated a VHF
aircraft receiver used to build the noise tracking unit that I have shown
before.  The Atlanta Radio Club supplied up with 2 tickets to the Atlanta
Hamfest, June 2 at Jim Miller Park.  Go to www.saf.com/arc/atlfest  for more
info.  We will try to put this on the website.  Please talk this one up.
Also Gary, K9AY, donated 4 1997 ARRL Antenna Handbooks.  Thanks to all these
folks for the help in raising some club funds.  The program was by Wes, W3WL
, about the Heard Island expedition that he was part of.  This was another
video done by 9V1YC.  We adjourned around 8:55.  N4XP has IRC's if you need
any and the K5K cards are being processed.