[SEDXC] Report on Phil Latta, W4GTS

Wilder Scott wpscott@arches.uga.edu
Fri, 18 May 2001 12:21:48 -0400 (EDT)

Phil was operated on last night at 8:10PM at Athens Regional Medical
Center and I visited him this morning (Friday) at 10:20AM in Room 3222 at
ARMC.  He seemed alert and said he had had "the best night's sleep in 10
years!".  His surgeon found some small cancers in his bladder and removed
them completely, but there is one that was too large for removal that he
will have to choose to treat with radiation, chemotherapy or whatever
method(s) Phil chooses.  He will likely be hospitalized until at least
Monday or Tuesday, but apparently withstood the operation well (he has had
two heart bypasses and is presently 85 years of age).  I would suggest
that his friends in the SEDXC consider mailing him a card at his
daughter's address as he will likely not be in the hospital past this
coming Monday or Tuesday and he will probably be at home before the mail
could reach him at the hospital.  I have his mailing address as:
                      Phil Latta, W4GTS
                      115 Tamarack Drive
                      Athens, Georgia  30605

I'll update members with more info in a day or two.  Best 73 to all!

De Pat Scott, W4NW