[SEDXC] Report #2 on Phil Latta, W4GTS

Wilder Scott wpscott@arches.uga.edu
Sun, 20 May 2001 15:38:29 -0400 (EDT)

I visited Phil today from 1:30Pm til 2:45PM at ARMC (Athens Regional
Medical Center) and found him in MUCH IMPROVED condition compared to
Friday. He said he had a very rough day yesterday (the day following
his operation).  He was on oxygen and taking an antibiotic intravenously,
but these seem to be rather standard post-operative treatments for someone
of his years.  No decision has been made yet as to how to treat the
inoperable tumor remaining in his bladder, but a decision will likely be
made in the next couple of days in consultation with his physician.  The
doctor visited him while I was there and told him he might be going home
tomorrow or the next day, so by Tuesday it is likely he will be at home
and recuperating.  He told me to give his regards to all in the SEDXC. He
was chiding the nurses for NOT being as friendly as those of St. Mary's
Hospital (the OTHER hospital in Athens) and was clearly 'feeling his oats'
as I left him this afternoon!  Best 73! De Pat Scott, W4NW