[SEDXC] Vice Director

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:39:51 -0400

I agree this is an important vote.  I feel that both candidates are
qualified.  The position requires understanding how the League and the board
works.  I feel that Sandy W4RU has paid his dues as Assistant Director and
now SM of Georgia.  The board is not the rubber stamp it was 30 or even 20
years ago.  Under the leadership of President W5JBP the league is
representing amateur radio in the United States
at the highest level I can remember.   I have been an Assistant Director for
over 20 years in two different divisions and feel that Sandy is better
equipped to be elected to this important position.   Sandy has also paid his
dues in representing the division at hamfests and working the ARRL table.
He is part of the team and deserves his chance.

73 Dave K4JRB