[SEDXC] SEPTEMBER MEETING UPDATE

MIKE GREENWAY K4PI@peoplepc.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 02:44:00 -0400

For those of you that didn't make the meeting just a little info on what
transpired.  Several of us had a nice sit down for sandwiches and a ragchew
before the meeting.  Getting the meeting started off, VP, Wes W3WL presented
the club with a certificate from the D68C group in appreciation for our help
with their trip.  He showed the QSL's which had our club logo on it.  He
also asked for ideas of things that the club might do as an activity and the
attendees had some good ideas.  If you have some for him send him an email.
KS4Q and N4XMX filled up in on the status of the packet systems.  N4XMX is
on 144.91, the old K4KG frequency and he can be either accessed direct of
through GNTNOD.  W4TE showed the Lands End catalog and some examples of the
items that will possibly be ordered.  He has enough for an order of shirts
but is waiting a bit in case anyone else wants to get in on it.  The program
was given by K4UEE and it was video he put together from a number of
expeditions and you should have seen the stand up or should I say sit down
comedy routines by Wes, W3WL in the video.   It was an excellent video
presentation..  We adjourned around 8:50 PM..