[SEDXC] CQP

Carl wb4znh@megapipe.net
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 21:58:12 -0400

Thought y'all might be interested in this that we received from NCCC.  =
73, Carl

To: Contesting Club Presidents and Newsletter Editors
From: Northern California Contest Club (NCCC)

California QSO Party (CQP) 2002
1600Z October 5, 2002  until  2200Z October 6, 2002

Start your contest season with a bang and compete for our new club =
award!

I'd like to personally invite you and your club (Woodbridge Wireless) to
participate in the California QSO Party (CQP).
This year we have a new plaque for the highest scoring entry in "Top =
Club,
non-California".

Obviously we would appreciate it if you would advertise the CQP in your =
club
newsletter and your club email reflector
(even if you decide to not enter the CQP contest as a club).

All California QSO Party rules, results, county abbreviations, and free
logging software are available at:
   * http://www.cqp.org/

Read all about the 2001 CQP contest results (only six non-CA clubs =
entered
the
2001 CQP):
   * http://www.cqp.org/Results-2001.html
   * http://www.cqp.org/results/2001/01cqp.pdf

State-by-state records (who will set their new state record in 2002?):
   * http://www.cqp.org/results/Records/rec_nca.htm

Don't forget about all the awards available in CQP (see
http://www.cqp.org/Awards.html):
   * 34 Plaques (wood and metal, not mere wallpaper!)
   * 40 Bottles of special vintage California wine (with commemorative =
CQP
labels)
   * Certificates to the top S/O in each and every state, province, =
country,
and CA county
   * Certificates to each and every ham who makes at least 100 QSOs in =
CQP

We even have CQP T-shirts available for purchase if you make at least =
100
QSOs
in the contest.

This year's California QSO Party promises to be a lot of fun!

California QSO Party (CQP), sponsored by the Northern California Contest
Club
(NCCC), http://www.cqp.org/
   * 1600Z October 5, 2002 until 2200Z October 6, 2002.
   * Single op, multi-single, multi-multi, CA county expedition, mobile, =
and
Novice/Tech. 160 80 40 20 15 10 6 2 meters.
   * Send QSO number and CA county. If you're outside of California, =
send
the
QSO number and your state/province/DXCC country.
   * Single ops are limited to 24 hours. Multi-singles have a 10-minute
rule.
Single ops and multi-single are limited to one transmitted signal at a =
time.
   * CW QSOs must be made in CW subbands, except on 160 meters.
   * Work stations once per band/mode, work CA stations again as they =
change
counties. A CA station on a county line counts for 1 QSO but multiple
counties.
   * CW - 1.805 and 40 kHz up; phone - 1.850 3.850 7.230 14.250 21.300
28.450;
Novice - 10 kHz up and 28.450.
   * Score 2 pts/QSO on phone and 3 pts/QSO on CW. Final score is QSO =
points
multiplied by CA counties (max 58). CA stations multiply QSO points by
states
and VE sections (max 58).
   * Hundreds of awards, certificates, plaques and bottles of wine.
   * Free CQP logging/scoring software (DOS and Windows):
http://www.cqp.org/Software.html
   * Send logs to Alan Maenchen, AD6E, 3330 Farthing Way, San Jose, CA =
95132
or email to cqp@contesting.com; http://www.cqp.org/

Marc, W6ZZZ
(sponsor of the CQP "Top Club, non-California" plaque)

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---