[SEDXC] New Meeting Location for SEDXC

John W. Harden, Jr. altdx@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:12:20 -0500

Dear Fellow DX-ers,

What we need for the new meeting location is a CENTRAL location. We can
draw from all directions if we take this approach. Many years ago we
used to meet downtown in various locations, and it was convenient for
ALL.

I noticed that Jim mentioned a church (and we did meet in a Lutheran
church on Peachtree Rd. near Lenox Square in the early 1980's) and a
room in a library. I know many people would like to be able to eat and
to have a cocktail where we meet. I certainly concur with this approach.

I spoke with K2UFT about the possibility of having the meetings at
Manuel's Tavern at N. Highland and Virginia Avenues in mid-town. On a
Tuesday night there would be plenty of free parking, good food, and
beverages. They do have areas where we could meet. I know the owners
(Manuel and his sons and brother). I would be glad to investigate this
option if so directed by the club.

I am not too fired up about another Radio Shack deal or such. However, I
will certainly go with what the majority of members want to do. But,
downtown is not malignant, and it is not dangerous or hard to get to!
And parking will not be a big issue on a Tuesday night.

73 es best DX,

John, W4NU
(K4JAG 1959 to 1998)