[SEDXC] 7O8YGF's update

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 01:22:51 -0400

FYI,

This was sent to Floyd N5FG and MDXA------------------
Forwarded message==============

> Hi Floyd!
>
> Thanks a lot for your very nice comments! We are very glad
that you liked our operation. Unfortunately, we haven't rcvd
any written documentation from the 7O authorities up to now.
But since the P5/4L4FN was accepted for DXCC we were
encouraged by DXers world wide to put together what we have
and give it to Wayne, N7NG. I have prepared a video, a report
and a photo documentation and I have added copies from my
passport showing my visa in 2000 for the 7O1YGF operation and
for the visa 2001 when I rcvd a working visa for Yemen for an
oil drilling project which I would never get if something went
wrong during my previous visit. Also, the photos show the
equipment check at the airport which is evidence enough that
the authorities knew about our presence and plans - you don't
import 200 kg of high tech equipment without having a
permission from above when you can't even import a simple
transistor radio in such a military state! And you don't put
up an antenna farm widely visible with 3 huge directional
antennas, verticals and dipoles in the middle of the embassy
quarter without being unremarked by the security forces...

> We hope that DXCC will see these details too. But to be
honest: Wayne said - without having looked into the
documentation at all and checking it's content - "P5/4L4FN is
something totally different than 7O1YGF!!" I fear that our QSL
card is simply lacking the NOKIA logo, otherwise they would
accredit the operation immediately. Anyway, we did our best as
7O1YGF and we worked stateside the bands up and down,
stateside was our highest priority. If DXCC won't accredit our
operation, I can't change it because it's an American award
and we have absolutely no influence on it. But it would be
"nice to have" of course. We can proof that we were there and
all people can be sure that they have made a contact with
Yemen, 7O, and they got this real contact confirmed with a
very nice coloured card.

> Best 73s and god luck de
>
> Dominik   DL5EBE

End message+++++++++++++++