[SEDXC] e-qsls

John Laney k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:15:13 -0500

Hi Dave:

I hope you have better luck with eQSL than I did.  I printed out a few
to start with, but never figured out how to create my QSL to reply
with.  Then, I couldn't get any more QSLs to print out.  I never tried
it with a color printer.  I have a cheap one at home that does very
nicely, but is VERY slow.  I wouldn't have the patience to wait for them
to print out.

I think a lot of the eQSLs are not actually soliciting your card.  I
think a lot of guys just upload their logs to eQSL and don't care
whether they get a reply or not.

When I get a note that I have an eQSL waiting for me, I respond to the
sender that I will be glad to QSL to him via the bureau (assuming he is
outside the continental US) if he will send me QSO info.  In the USA, I
ask them to send me a card and assure them that I will reply the next
day after receipt.  Most don't send a card, but most DX stations will
provide QSO info and accept the bureau card.  If they actually counted
for something widely recognized, I guess it would be different, but at
this time, they are just a novelty.  I had one guy who was just trying
to get WAS with eQSLs.  He didn't want a real QSL. Since I had no way to
send him an eQSL, I had to disappoint him.

I haven't actually checked the eQSL site since the printer started not
printing them, probably several years ago.  I am sure there are many
eQSLs "waiting" for me, but I'm not sure any of the senders care whether
they get a reply or not.  If they did, my e-mail address is easy enough
to find.

73,

John.