[SEDXC] Alford Memorial Hamfest

IAM4RB@aol.com IAM4RB@aol.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:37:10 -0400

As was mentioned in the newsletter and at the club meeting, the Southeastern DX Club has secured two tables for the upcoming Alford Memorial Hamfest to be held on November 2nd and 3rd.

We need volunteers on Saturday, November 2nd  to help man these tables.  Please sign up for a time period to attend a table as we need to fill the openings shown below.  You are more than welcome to also sign up for a time period already taken, as more than one individual is often needed to field questions from the visitors.   Volunteers are also provided with a comfortable chair to rest their legs after patrolling the flea market.

One table will be in the exhibitor's hall.  This will be the club table to promote DXing and the SEDXC.  This is a great chance to meet and see a lot of folks who always come by our table to check in to see what's up with the SEDXC and also an opportunity for you to meet potential members and make them aware of the benefits and enjoyment of being involved with our club.

The other table will be in the indoor flea market, and will be available for club members to bring in their own items to sell and swap.  This will allow members the chance to sell their items at the show, but not having to attend the table at all times, as their will always be a club member attending the table - if we have enough volunteers!!!   As it is a club-sponsored table, we ask that you make a voluntary contribution of your sale proceeds to help support the SEDXC.

The time slots for the exhibitor's table are shown below:

Setup              John Tramontanis - N4TOL
9:00 AM            Open
10:00 AM           Al Ludwick - N4ZZK
11:00 AM           Dick Baxter - K5TF
12:00 PM           Harry Saunders - W4KJ / Jim Kauten W4TE
1:00 PM            Dave Johnson - K4SSU
2:00 PM            Bill Barr - N4NX
3:00 PM            Open
4:00 PM            Open
Breakdown          John Tramontanis - N4TOL

The time slots for the swap table are shown below:

Setup              John Tramontanis - N4TOL
9:00 AM            Dale Nordin - K4HGG
10:00 AM           Dale Nordin - K4HGG
11:00 AM           Harry Saunders - W4KJ
12:00 PM           Dick Baxter - K5TF
1:00 PM            Open
2:00 PM            Open
3:00 PM            Dave Johnson - K4SSU
4:00 PM            Open
Breakdown          John Tramontanis - N4TOL

We really need to fill these open spots, so please sign up.  Any help with setup and breakdown will be appreciated, and should not require much work.

Please reply to me via e-mail at john.tramontanis@cox.com or iam4rb@aol.com designating your desired time for a shift, and which table that you would like to help out at.   Thank you in advance for your participation.  Having volunteered for the first time to attend a table at the last hamfest, I can tell you it was a lot of fun, a great way to see a bunch of people, sit down and rest my legs while having some refreshments, and even signing up some new members!!!  An hour goes by fast.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

More details to follow on table locations, etc.  Let me know if you have any questions.

TNX es 73 - John N4TOL