[SEDXC] This weekend's contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 19 16:23:54 EST 2003

Hello all:

There are three contests this weekend that might see some activity that
we could work from here.  I always enjoy the Croatian CW Contest and I
suspect RTTY contesters enjoy the OK RTTY DX Contest.  I think I have
heard stations calling for the Naval contest before.

1.  OK RTTY DX Contest.  0000 UTC to 2400 UTC Dec 20 (Sat).  80 to 10 M.
  Exchange RST + CQ zone (05 for GA, SC, NC, 04 for AL).
http://www.crk.cz/ENG/DXCONTE.HTM.

2.  Croatian CW Contest.  1400 UTC Sat to 1400 UTC Sun.  CW only.  160
to 10 M.  Exchange RST+ serial number.  10 minute rule applies except
for quick QSY for mult.  You can use the CQ WPX template in your logging
program or any other that will accept RST and serial number.  You may
want to figure your score manually or maybe just leave it to the contest
checkers.  I seem to remember that they want a summary sheet and a file
such as NA's .PRN or CT's .ALL rather than a Cabrillo file.  So, I guess
you will have to figure your score and put it on the summary sheet.
http://www.hamradio.hr/kv/9acw prop.asp.

3.  International Naval Contest.  CW, SSB.  80 through 10 M.  I forgot
to note the dates and times.  Exchange:  Naval club members:  RS(T) =+
club +serial #.  Non naval members:  RS(T) + serial #.
http://users.skynet.be/jdl/intnave/htm.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend and a nice Christmas.

The next weekend will find a 24-hour Canada Day Contest on both modes
and running 160 through 6 M and the 160 meter Stew Perry Challenge on
160 CW.

73,

John, K4BAI.