[SEDXC] CQ 160 CW this weekend

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 24 10:58:41 EST 2003

Hello all:

Hope everyone is geared up for CQ 160 CW this weekend.  It should be a
good weekend to stay inside, warm, and operate the radio.  Hopefully, it
will also be quiet on top band except for lots of signals from stations
to work, local and DX.

I will be guest op at the new NQ4I contest station (thanks Rick!), but
will be using K4BAI.  Bill, W4AN, will be guest op at W8JI.  So, I am
hoping for #2 in Ga at the best.  Hope some of the others of you will
join me as competition for me, if not for Bill also.

Keep in mind new rules this year.  The contest starts at 00Z Saturday
and ends 00Z Sunday.  Single ops may operate only 30 hours.  There is no
DX window in the rules, but it would still be a good idea to keep local
QSOs out of the 1830-1835 former window.  VY0 has been added as a
Canadian multiplier (doubt one will be on or workable if on) and VO1 and
VO2 have been separated.  You might want to tailor your logging
program's multiplier file before the contest.  Or don't and the Cabrillo
format will assure that you get credit for the mults you didn't count in
your claimed score.

This has always been a popular contest in this area, particularly for
SEDXC, whose members still sponsor a lot of plaques for this and the CQ
160 SSB contest at the end of February.  No doubt you remember that our
own Dave, K4JRB, is the contest director.

So, let's get on and support our clubs, CQ Magazine, Dave Thompson, and
have a lot of fun and make a lot of QSOs.

73,

John, K4BAI.