[SEDXC] VP6DIA

David L. Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 11 21:56:59 EST 2003

I used the rotor so much during the ARRL DX that even with the new starter
cap the rotor stuck NNE.  I tried several tactics to get it to move and
noticed that trying to go West the meter slowly moved EAST!!!  Its now on 45
degrees.

VP6DIA came on and I need Dulcie on 12, 17, and 75.  My 12 meter X beam has
15 to 20DB front to back so I waited until today when they peaked S7 and
followed K4MY through for a QSO.
He did peak S8 a couple of times but stayed S3 to 4 with deep QSB most of
the time.  I see he was on 17 SSB at 1600Z so I will try then.  No listing
yet for 75 or 80 and I understand they are not 160 operators.  Don't know
how long they will be there as their web page only has the start date..I
assume a week.

73 Dave K4JRB