[SEDXC] Georgia QSO Party - This weekend's contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 8 11:22:15 EDT 2004

Hello all:

I know it is hard to get our hearts into it since we are feeling Bill
Fisher's loss so recently.  However, I hope we will all talk up the GQP
for this weekend and participate as much as possible.  We will have a
lot of mobiles going out and there will be a lot of hams all over the
world looking for Georgia this weekend.  This week's summary of contests
is intended to give us something to keep handy so we can exchange mutual
contest exchanges if we run into someone working other contests.  Also,
note that the QRPARCI contest, the JIDX CW contest, and the European
Sprint SSB Contest will have operating times when the GQP is not also in
session.

1.  JIDX CW.  07Z Sat to 13Z Sun.  80 - 10 M.  Exchange:  JA:  RST +
prefecture # (01 to 50).  Others:  RST + CQ Zone # (05 for most of us,
04 for Ala).  http://je1cka.jzap.com/jidxc/jidxrule-e.html.

2.  QRP ARCI Spring QSO Party.  12Z Sat to 24Z Dun.  CW only.  160-6M.
Exchange:  RST + SPC + QRP ARCI # or power output.  Most stations will
run 5 watts or less.  http://2hams.net/ARCI/spring.htm.

3.  European Spring Sprint SSB.  15 to 1859Z Sat.  80, 40, 20 M.  (20 M
is only possible band for us.)  Exchange:  Both callsigns, QSO #, name.
  Probably has a special QSY rule.
http://www.qsl.net/eusprint/rules_g.html.

4.  Georgia QSO Party.  18 Z Sat to 0359Z Sun.  14Z Sun to 2359Z Sun.
80 - 10 M, CW/Phone.  Exchange:  RS(T), SPC or Ga county.
http://gqp.contesting.com/Rules.htm.

Please let me or Jeff, KU8E, know if you have any QSO Party questions.

73,

John, K4BAI.