[SEDXC] DX is (lately)

David L. Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 9 03:01:32 EDT 2004

have been busy with the CQ 160 Contest logs and certificates to do much
Dxing lately.  I have my MULTEE for 160 up but still have to attach the coax
line and elevated radials.  I did listen to 3B9C on CW and SSB (1842 listen
up S6 on my Rx antennas).  Got then on 75 so only 160 is left.

Finally got the beams unstuck and turned to the west and while working on
certificates listened on 10 to 20 this afternoon and evening.  H44MS was in
on 10 but not T33C.  Reported on the west coast.  On 18, 15, and 12 they
were weak weak until 2200Z.  Looks like the gang west and north had the
openings as the W8's and W9's reported they were loud.  Tonight was
different as in quick order I worked them on 12 and 15.  Then at 0230 I
worked them on 17 and even 20.  I need T33 on 75 and 40 from GA altho I have
VR3O (Ocean IS) from 1963 at K5MDX on 40.  Martin, the op at VR3O was a brit
who lived in California.  His QSL manager was Jesse Billon WA6OET (SK).
There were two VR3O ops and they had different QSL routes to confuse the
deserving.

Loud sigs from 5T on 10 and 12, weak sigs so far from ZS8MI (on one of those
hated nets may K4YE rest in peace).

There was one Dx pile up occurred this afternoon on 17.  T33C (S2),
JW/F8DVD, and WU0H/6Y5 all were on 18145 at the same time. With the beam NE
the JW was S5 to 6 and working Europe by the numbers.  I think several DL's
worked him and thought they worked T33.  WU0H was S7 with the beam South.
On top of all this CO8LY called CQ on the frequency.  The T33 called him but
he only said QRZ and called CQ again.  Oh well!

73 Dave K4JRB