[SEDXC] October Program

N4ZZK Al Ludwick n4zzk at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 15 03:45:42 EDT 2004

Program for the October Meeting.

Thanks to Wes for arranging the program on "The Life and times of Nicola Tesla."  The presentation by Stan Clay promises to be educational and entertaining.   A preview of next months program is also listed below along with the those planned for the rest of the year.

HPE TO CU at the meeting...Al

-------------------- October 26 --------------------

Stan Clay

Wes Lamboley / W3WL

Life and times of Nicola Tesla, Inventor, Scientist, & Genius.

Stan worked for GAF and Ilford as a photographic scientist.  His educational background includes chemistry, electrical engineering and math.  Currently he teaches classes in digital imaging and computers.

Did you know?  Tesla's has a U.S. patent for the first device anywhere using wireless remote control.

-------------------- November 23 --------------------

Ken Byers / K4TEA

The Thrill of low band DXing, one enthusiast's viewpoint.

Ken will share his experiences over the past 19 years and include comments on:
- why top band dxing is such a challenge
- brief review of antennas and equipment
- techniques used
- some of the great top band dxers in the world and our own backyard
- valuable references

-------------------- December Party --------------------

Happy Holidays

-------------------- January 25 --------------------

Jim Streible / K4DLI

Antenna modeling using the popular EZNEC program.

-------------------- February 22 --------------------

Jim Kauten / W4TE

Digital DXing with PSK31 and RTTY

-------------------- March 29 --------------------

Bob Allphin /  K4UEE

George Nicholson /  N4GRN

3Y/P Peter One

Dick Baxter / K5TF

Estate planning, what to do when the inevitable occurs.  Should we consider forming a club service group?

Member show and tell.  A favorite QSL, award, homebrew project or anything else to share.

Wes Lamboley / W3WL

Kergeulen (FT/X)

Hot fun in the summer time