[SEDXC] IRC issue Continues...

Keith LaBorde - K4KAL k4kal at arrl.net
Thu Oct 6 09:48:41 EDT 2005

Guys,

I went to the Marietta, GA post office this morning and as I expected the person behind the counter looked at me
like I was nuts when I asked to purchase some IRC's.  I asked for the supervisor and told them by law they are required to have these to sell.

The supervisor came over and told me that they no longer stock IRC's because of they have a expiration date on them, and the post office is loosing money when people don't buy them.  He said that I would have to purchase them first, then they would order them,
and then I could go pick them up 48 hours later.  I have the guys name (Smyrna) that does the ordering and his direct unlisted
phone number if anyone is interested in calling this guy and ordering some.

What got me going on this today, I worked 4J5A on 20M SSB this morning.  Yesterday I worked a similar 4J station on 17M SSB.
If you look at QRZ.com they want two IRC's for a QSL Card.

So just thought I would pass my experience on...
I must have burned 1/4 tank of gas between yesterday and today trying to buy some of these.
I told the guy they should make them available on the Internet.

Keith, K4KAL