[SEDXC] The IRC Saga Ends

James Streible k4dli at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 14 16:56:27 EDT 2005

The IRC Saga is at an end! At least for me!  After a call to the Post
Master this morning about an hour latter I got a call from the manager
of the local post office and she said "she was checking into the
problem" and wanted to know if the IRC were all issued in the USA of
overseas. I told her there were some of each and she indicated I could
get money for the US issued ones, less a small redemption fee, or stamps
for the overseas ones. About and hour after this I got a call to bring
them in. This I did and now I have some stamps.

The girl that handled it said she had been there 30-years and never saw
an IRC redeemed. It took two of them about 30-minutes to try to figure
out what I should get and I think I got a little short changed but I am
happy to have enough stamps to get some cards out and back and not have
to worry about this series, C22, being obsoleted. This nay happen
someday soon and I would guess it might be a good idea to get rid of
what you have before this happens.

73,

Jim   K4DLI