[SEDXC] Resonant Dipoles - various wavelengths

JT Croteau jt.w6fo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 10:38:42 EDT 2006

Gentlemen, OM's, OF's, et al -

I don't have an antenna handbook to consult and hoping ya'll might be
of assistance.  For resonant dipoles, it looks like the majority use
1/2-wave lengths.  Hung at the same height, in my case roughly 50' and
resonance around 14.200 MHz, how much performance difference would I
notice with either a full wavelength or a 5/8-wave instead of the
traditional 1/2-wave?

At 20M I have horizontal room for all three wavelength models, should
I attempt a full wavelength and trim down to a shorter wavelength if
necessary?

Thanks

--
  JT Croteau - W6FO - Canton, GA