[SEDXC] Building Permits for Tower Bases

k4zrj at bellsouth.net k4zrj at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 23 11:35:08 EDT 2006

JT,
I agree completely with Dave's response. Years ago, I had to MOVE a tower after a neighbor complained that when my antenna was in a certain position, one of the element ends hung over the property line.

In Woodstock, I only had to supply drawings of the base including rebar cage, in order to get a permit for my 54 foot crank-up. Permit cost $200 and was good for a year. No restrictions on antennas or heights, except for FAA regs.

Good luck with your project.
73, Charles, K4ZRJ, Woodstock, GA