[SEDXC] 3Y0X

Ed k4sb at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 15 12:10:16 EST 2006

> Fellow DX-ers,
> It's no different now than when W4BPD (Gus) went around the world in the early 1960's. He was sponsored by the "World Radio Propagation Study Association".
----------
I think I must have worked Gus from at least 20 countries, but one
thing a lot of people don't know is that Gus was "right handed", and
taught himself how to send with his left hand while logging with his
right.

I remember one particular contact about 1965-66 when Gus was holding
forth from the Monarch's castle in 9N. Terrible pile up on 20.

Then, he slowed down and sent: "Everyone up 5". I actually had my hand
on the dial when like a bolt of lightning, I though: "Everyone?"

About then Gus came back on at high speed and sent: "That ought to
take care of the lids. QRZ?"

Worked him on the next call with 100 watts and a TA-33 Jr.

Old memories from a long time ago.

73
Ed