[SEDXC] Montenegro declares independence

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Sun Jun 4 20:40:31 EDT 2006

I doubt that ARRL will act until ITU assigns a callsign block
(YT6A is asking for Z4) or the UN grants Montenegro admission.

In any case, if ARRL/DXCC follows the precedent set with S5, 9A,
T9, and Z3, Montenegro will be a new one retroactive to the date
on which independence was declared (June 2 - I think).  Serbia will
be the successor to Yugoslavia - particularly since those are the
"treaty terms" between Serbia and Montenegro.  By the agreements,
Serbia is to inherit the UN seat of "Serbia and Montenegro" as well
as any other the international recognition as the successor state
to Yugoslavia which became "Serbia and Montenegro."

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV