[SEDXC] BPL for Douglasville/Fairburn

Macie, Gordon GMacie at innotrac.com
Thu Oct 19 09:55:33 EDT 2006

>From Susan AF4FO

Some great news on the BPL front for Georgia. GLENN PURCELL, of
GrayStone, the

company that has been doing a pilot test for BPL in the Douglasville
area,

has informed ED HARE, W4RFI, of the ARRL, that the company has decided
NOT to

pursue BPL as a commercial service. Furthermore, they will NOT conduct
pilot

testing in any other areas. (YEE-HA!) Overhead units have already been
shut

down, and shutdown on all underground units will begin in November. In
his

letter, Mr. Purcell also mentioned how much he enjoyed working with our
BPL

Team Leader in the area, LES WILDING, K4OL, and said that he learned
much

from him. Many, many thanks to Les for his great work.

I am a Greystone EMC customer and very happy to hear this news. I Don't
see an email address for K4OL on qrz.

I would love to thank him personally for his efforts.

73 , Gordon N4LR