[SEDXC] Bylaws comments 1st Class Mail Notification

Ed k4sb at comcast.net
Thu Apr 19 14:52:59 EDT 2007

NN4ZZ Mail wrote:
snipped
The charter updates are meant to reflect those changes but we
don't want anyone to feel there was an intention to bypass proper
procedure.

Electronic is the way to go and taking it a step further, voting by
email has been suggested for some situations.  If we can insure the
proper safeguards to the satisfaction of the members, we may make
that leap.  (but again, we may not be ready for that yet)

On the other hand, I think it's a worthwhile and necessary task, and
I'm
convinced we can get it done.  The process we are using is working.
We have a great start with the work Jim and Harry have already done
and there is no reason we can't finish this in the next few months.
-------------------------
I agree it's a worthwhile and necessary task. However, following
Robert's Rules of Order is never "out of order" or "nitpicking".

In Roberts Rules of Order, it clearly states that large committees
are required for items of this importance. And under "Special
Committees", "that the purpose of a committee determines
its size as well as who is appointed". And I mean no disrespect to
the fine work Jim, Harry, and the Board have accomplished thus far.

I do think that a committee of 2 is not the "large" size stated in
RRoL, and that it should be sent back to the drawing board with a
committee elected by the members.

However, before we can get past that, this matter of email or regular
mail must be resolved. I would therefore suggest that the ONLY item
to be considered at the next meeting will be to remove the regular
mail question. And while I will agree to "overlook" the requirement
of it being sent by regular mail, I will not accept any other items
of business at all on the other proposed amendments.

In effect, let's get the email legal, and then go from there.

As Al said, this is going to take a couple of months.

73
Ed