[SEDXC] BS7H

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 30 11:42:21 EDT 2007

So far only 14 and 18 mhz.  They were on 18 several hours
after our shot (22-2330Z) but I think the A and K indexes
are too high for 18.

At 1230Z they were readable on 14187 (maybe S3).  They were ESP on 14024
later.  I still hear W7's calling them on both modes.

I suspect it is hard to get many bands up unless they have a large platform
or maybe a second.

Thanks to John, W4NU my rotor cable got fixed and I got the beams up to
2/3's height.  I am planning on cranking the
tower to 70 feet Tuesday afternoon.  Boy have the trees grown!   Looks like
some tree work soon.

Listing to 14024 or 14187 is like a circus.  West coasters calling on the
wrong VFO, testers, some sort of blowing noise.  Europeans complaining about
calling NA, and a few
police.   On SSB you can recognize voices...shame, shame.

73 Dave K4JRB