[SEDXC] Meetings and Small Attendance

Carl carlh at wb4znh.com
Fri Nov 16 02:45:55 EST 2007

Hi Folks, I have read with interest the on going discussion about
meetings and distances traveled, and so on.
I will just be happy to finally get settled in AL so I can make the 2
hr. drive to the club meetings!
I belong to the Woodbridge Wireless club here in northern VA and we are
located about 30-40 miles from DC.  Many of our members commute (drive,
ride train or bus, car pool, or slug) for anywhere from 1 1/2 to 3 hours
ONE WAY to work each day.  It is very hard to get a big crowd at a club
meeting unless it is a really special program.  It is hard to get up
much enthusiasm when you have worked 8 to 10 hours and sat in traffic a
total of 5-6 hours, besides all the family and home obligations people have.
Accept the fact that many will not be able to attend and work on the
Club's "Value added" aspects.
On a personal note, hopefully, we can get this house on the market in
the spring and make like a shepherd soon!  73, Carl