[SEDXC] 3B7C 160

John Harden, D.M.D. jhdmd at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 3 10:20:51 EDT 2007

Mike,

Great description of the situation!!! Without low-noise receiving antennas
it is impossible to hear much of the rare DX on 160. No doubt many people
call when they can't hear them. And, too, with compromise transmitting
antennas it further complicates their problem of getting through.

The best receive antenna I have had was the 160/80 "EWE" with a K2ZJ
preamplifier at the feedpoint. I do not have room for 160 beverages.

I can hear fair on the two 1/2 wave verticals on 80 CW. However, things went
to a new level with the M2 80/75 rotateable dipole at 100 feet. I use it for
XMIT & Receive on 80 CW and can hear things I NEVER could hear before.

73,

John, W4NU