[SEDXC] 3B7C on 80

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 6 22:25:53 EDT 2007

*0 and 75 are sisters to 160 only the signals both ways are better.  It
seems we had two peaks.  One at our sunset and another at their sunrise.
Signals were stronger here at or just past their sunrise.

At times they could be copied Ok (4/4 or 449) but they only got part of our
call and gave up.  Later they were slightly stronger but we were much
stronger.  It depends on noise at either end and if a receiving antenna was
used.

I have a half size Dipole L on 160 and it receives well but transmits
poorly.  But the 3B7 was esp at best on the L or the K9AY loop with Palomar
pre-amp inside not at the antenna.  I put in 20 DB with no success.   Gotta
get the big W3IN/N4IN folded unipole back up.

Dave K4JRB