[SEDXC] 3B7C on 80

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 13 23:21:26 EDT 2007

Tonight I scratched out a 75 SSB QSO with 3B7C.  On SSB he was loud in KY,
Iowa, and the west coast all evening but it was not until 0120 that he
peaked at something over ESP.   At the same time the Cw station was 579.  I
worked him at 0210 just after a W5 easily worked him.  N4PN also had a
problem getting a QSO as did N2WB. Two Florida stations worked him with
ease.

I remember that the VK0HI Heard Island station was loud in W9 and Iowa and
just ESP here for days and I finally scratched out a QSO.

I was using the same vertical dipole that I used to quickly work D68C, 3B7C,
and 3Y0X but these were wintertime QSOs so maybe its just the time of year.
But at 0213 I listened to the CW station on 3502 and he was 599 now at
sunrise.   Even if the SSB station was on low power there is no reason for
the difference in strength on both RX and TX.

I also worked them on 12 as they popped out of the noise while working
Europe.  They were in for a total of 3 or 4 minutes!  The only other station
heard on 12 was a TI8.

73 Dave K4JRB