[SEDXC] 147.54

John Harden, D.M.D. jhdmd at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 14 14:07:33 EDT 2007

Hal,

This frequency was very popular in the late 70's on up to the late 1980's
when VHF packet really came into widespread use.

Some people had secret frequencies so only certain individuals would
have access to them. With scanning this didn't last long.

Before that we had the old "one ringers".......

In the 1960's 2 meter AM was widely used for DX alert...

73,

John, W4NU