[SEDXC] 147.54

Ed k4sb at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 15:42:31 EDT 2007

Actually, the use of this frequency was a result of having to move
from 147.5 because of the "repeater coordination" rules.

Back then, it was used primarily by the top guns around Atlanta. And
it's use actually goes back to the mid 60s if not more. Believe it or
not, a few of us also used it on RTTY not only to exchange DX info,
but to keep the others guys updated on our "need" list.

If the .195 repeater is the old "JPD" machine, I think K4PI, W4AX, and
I bought it from Steve maybe in the 70's. The location was kept and
free, and one of our guys "serviced" it when needed.

Used to be very popular on the commutes, but you could generally
get a response anytime during the day. May have been Gary, K4VT.

73
Ed