[SEDXC] 147.54

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 16:03:49 EDT 2007

Boy - this brings back memories.  I was not here in GA at the time, but
went through it all - one ringers, "wake me up no matter what (XYL LOVED
that with two young kids growing up)," 147.1 AM (Gonset Communicator),
147.1 FM simplex (early Motorola 6VDC tube rig with dynamotor pulled
from a cement mixer), DX repeater and finally telnet.  Most of this was
with the CFDXA in Orlando and a little with NJDXA up North.  Like Jim, I
think we lost something when we went to packet/telnet only.  I'll pull
out the rig and put up an antenna this weekend.  I'm not the best to
figure where we should land - a repeater beats simplex given our wide
area, but simplex will be better than nil.

GG